[geeks] geek chicks & stuff

Beth Roberts beth at bethroberts.com
Fri Jun 28 12:48:59 CDT 2002

sambo wrote:
> Um, I asked Leah to marry me on our third date. we were married three
> months later.
>
> Yeah, we've had problems, but we're in it for better or worse, and I'm
> quite happy about it.

I just want to make it absolutely crystal clear that I didn't mean that I
thought that David's wisdom was meant to cover all persons or anything like
that. Just that it was in my opinion "a piece of great wisdom", at least for
me, meaning that it made sense to me to follow that suggestion at this time
in my life.

I am a divorced person who has a history of falling far too quickly and
deeply for The Wrong Guy, over and over and over again, and David has four
ex-wives. Just to give you an idea of why, for us, the one-year waiting
period thing held particular appeal.

Far be it from me to circumscribe anyone else's manner of romantic
arrangement (provided that coercion/duress is not involved, of course).

More power to anyone who manages to find a love and/or helpmate in this
crazy mess of a world :)

-Beth