[geeks] FBI vs. bandwidth thieves

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Jun 27 21:59:11 CDT 2002

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Well, I wouldn't wish it on Dave M. or Sridhar, but I'd love to see
> the looks on the officers faces if they ever were order to sieze all
> computer equipment.

It'd probably turn into something not entirely unlike the FBI vs. David
Koresh at Waco, since they're obivously up to No Good housing/using all
that computational and scientific equipment.

What would be funnier would be the FBI siezing a piece of -really- old
iron (A Burroughs or PDP-8 w/ core memory) under suspected cracking
attempts.

--Jonathan