[geeks] Re: um, hi. I'm new.

Beth Roberts beth at bethroberts.com
Thu Jun 27 16:58:47 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> how do you feel about a revival of VAX and
> Symbolics machines?

Uhhhh. I had to use a VAX a bit in college, and I don't like 'em. If other
people want to use 'em, more power to 'em, as far as I'm concerned. I don't
know squat about Symbolics, sorry.

> I take it that she is the one you have all the pictures of on your
> site?  Cute kid.

Yes! Thank you! She's a total hellion, and lots of fun. I'll shut up now, or
else I'll go on all day about her.

I almost lost her totally about 15 months ago. I had a mental health
"episode" and her dad thought I would hurt her or something. He has custody
now, and I'm lucky he lets me see her as much as he does. We get along
pretty well, considering. Anyway, it's a long story. I think I do a lot
better as a part-time mom than as a full-time mom, anyway.

-Beth