[geeks] Yes, it works!

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jun 27 14:04:37 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 02:51:49PM -0400, kamakazi wrote:
> My wife said if I made the cabinet the subwoofer had to go, but since no
> one at the rummage sale bought the subwoofer, I managed to squeeze them
> both in.

Yeah, I don't see GF caring for a MAME cabinet too much.  Not a big
deal now, but it could be a big deal if we get married, which I'd like
to happen soon enough that it wouldn't be worth all the effort if it
is going to be a major problem.

At least she isn't threatening to yardsale my consoles like her
brother's GF is.

I could always build it to donate to my churches youth group.  I think
they might appreciate it.  I already loaned them for a LAN gaming time
a PC (in a little bit I might just donate it to them.  It's old, but
they were playing RTS type games and the Voodoo3 made up for the slow
processor).  Have fun building the thing.  Make kids happy.  Not have
huge box to move when I move.

> If I were starting over (or is that next time...) I'd probably
> modularize the control panel.  Mine is removable, I can do a whole panel
> swap, but I think I would make it 3 or 4 small units wide, all units fit
> in all slots, so it could be (1-4 joysticks), (1 or 2 trackball), (1 or
> 2 spinner), (spinner, trackball, joysick) left or right handed, you get
> the idea.

I don't think I care to bother with a trackball or spinner.  I'm not
even sure what would use a spinner.

--
Joshua D. Boyd