[geeks] Yes, it works!

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jun 27 13:59:28 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 02:51:49PM -0400, kamakazi wrote:

> > Perhaps working in a method to use one or more consoles as well (for
> > games not supported by MAME but with a PS or DC port).
> >
> I actually have pieces and circuitry design to decode shift register
> controllers (NES, Genesis, etc.) and plan on putting in jacks for NES,
> Atari2600, maybe a few other, controllers.  Since my primary interest is
> older stuff, I'll just emulate the NES or Genesis.

I'm interested int SNES/Genesis and newer era arcade games.  A few
classics to thouh (Gauntlet!).

> > Also, what are the benefits of using a 21" computer moniter versus a
> > TV?  I suspose that for emulating vector display a high res would be
> > better.
> >
> I had the monitor, I don't have an extra TV.  Besides I want it to be
> usable, trackball is a mouse, it's on the network, I have actually used
> it as a web browser/chat station.  After all, have you ever browsed the
> web on your arcade game? :-)

No, since I don't have an arcade cabinet.  I have browsed the web from
me TV though.  Used a video card with S-Video out.  Unfortunately, it
didn't work as well as I planned.  The web browsing was fine I was
trying to find a way to make DVD menus work on the TV so I could pitch
the monitor next to the TV (the problem was with a stupid overlay DVD
card).  I gave up when I got a standalone DVD player.