[geeks] Palladium

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jun 27 13:14:27 CDT 2002

On June 27, Fogg, James wrote:
> This, I'm sure, is nothing more than MS's attempt at cementing their
> userbase in place. Its all horseshit and I'm tired of it all.

  Just today, a friend of mine (a diehard Microsoft guy who has just
enlisted my help in "getting out"...woohoo!) said he views their
latest licensing crap as being a desperate move to milk the userbase
one last time because they see so many people jumping ship.

> Maybe MS isn't a good software company, but they are a GREAT
> marketing company.

  That's not all they are, though.  They've got an amazing legal
department, and the whole damn company can easily be viewed as a big
"organized crime department".

  Wow, that seemed a bit strong.  But heck...if that's not what it is,
then what IS it?

          -Dave