[geeks] Palladium

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 27 13:00:27 CDT 2002

This, I'm sure, is nothing more than MS's attempt at cementing their
userbase in place. Its all horseshit and I'm tired of it all.

>From what I can see, MS has a huge problem. One reason people flocked to
them is that they "weren't IBM" and "weren't UNIX" and was cheaper than both
of them. Now, they are more expensive than either of them, and a holy
shitload more expensive than Linux (which has a pretty interface too). They
have to build walls of FUD and features to keep people away from the
alternatives. Windblows makes a fine user O/S (at least as of late).
Enterprises should leave the heavy lifting to everyone else.

This is all part of the stampeede that made it illegal to sell a PC without
an operating system, allowed MS to say that the PC your company bought with
Windows installed needs a new full price license cause the one you bought is
a "personal use" license and all the other licensing shit the've done. Some
day companies will wake up and realize that MS is damned expensive.

Of course, the truly funny thing here is that it was MS that made security
the enterprise problem that it is today. Fscking suits are too stupid to
realize this, and as MS pushes the blame away from themselves the more MS
will look like the hero. Maybe MS isn't a good software company, but they
are a GREAT marketing company.