[geeks] air condititioning, tolerances, and general stuff

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Thu Jun 27 13:01:44 CDT 2002

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Dave Kimmel wrote:
> We're having a bit of a heat wave up here in Edmonton.  Its hard to
> justify AC up here though, we only get a few weeks of truly hot weather.

In comparison, I haven't turned used the heat here in three years. Last
time I tried it set off the smoke alarms throughout the house and I've avoided
it since. That WHOMPF noise it makes when the pilot fires up scares the
crap outta me.

> I'll need one of those windowsill AC units when I move out though, since
> those two or three hot weeks will probably hurt the computers pretty bad.
> Of course, if I find a place with central AC...

I'm a polar bear :) I like living in houses that are a constant 68
degrees.

--a