[geeks] air condititioning, tolerances, and general stuff

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 27 12:46:51 CDT 2002

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Amy wrote:

> For now, I'm back. Less tolerant of assholes, but I'm back.

Welcome back!

> Thus said, we're in the process of having our HVAC replaced. I 've noticed
> that with the doors open and no AC running, it's as cool/hot (take your
> pick) as it ever was with the old AC unit running. Frightening, really. In
> my office it's now 80 degrees.

Yikes!  I'm sure the new one will be a lot better.

We're having a bit of a heat wave up here in Edmonton.  Its hard to
justify AC up here though, we only get a few weeks of truly hot weather.
I'll need one of those windowsill AC units when I move out though, since
those two or three hot weeks will probably hurt the computers pretty bad.
Of course, if I find a place with central AC...

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca