[geeks] um, hi. I'm new.

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Thu Jun 27 12:50:26 CDT 2002

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Michael A. Turner wrote:

> 	What I always find amusing in these arguments is that people miss
> the fact that editor preference is based on what you started with. Same
> thing with OSes and web browsers. Whatever you start out with is what you
> will gravitate to. It is very hard to break these patterns once established.

I, for one, take the whole arguments as funny/silly.  I "participate", but
frankly, I don't care.  The only reason I tend to cringe a little at pico
is that it's very limited.  In my opinion, it's not for programming.  Having
said that though, I usually compile nano (GNU pico clone) on my machines in
case my wife wants it.

And just as a counterpoint to the "what you started with" argument.  I like
vi, but I used an AOS/VS screen editor (whose name I can't remember) first.
It was semi-decent, but I'd never trade vi for it.  vi was really the
fourth or fifth editor I used....

--Kurt