[geeks] um, hi. I'm new.

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jun 27 12:49:57 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 01:36:29PM -0400, Michael A. Turner wrote:

> 	What I always find amusing in these arguments is that people miss
> the fact that editor preference is based on what you started with. Same
> thing with OSes and web browsers. Whatever you start out with is what you
> will gravitate to. It is very hard to break these patterns once established.

Some people can change.  I have managed to overcome the impotency that
we know as pico and become a better emacs man for it.

> 	So making fun of people for the editor preferences is just silly,
> it's like making fun of someone for the religion they learned as a kid. Some
> people take their early indoctrinations to seriously after all.

Nobody around here takes editors too seriously.  That is why it is
safe and fun to flame away about them.  Much safer than taking jabs at
the place of Sun in the modern world or any religious leader.

--
Joshua D. Boyd