[geeks] um, hi. I'm new.

Matt Braun mjbraun at enteract.com
Thu Jun 27 11:45:45 CDT 2002

> Message: 14
> From: "Michael A. Turner" <mturner at whro.org>
> To: "geeks at sunhelp.org" <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> subject: RE: [geeks] um, hi. I'm new.
> Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:27:47 -0400
>
> > I use pico.
> >
> > Dwight Wallbridge,
> > Webmaster, Geek, Blogger.
>
> 	The one true editor. PICO PICO PICO Uber alis!

For me, if all I have to do is remove a # from a config file or add a line
to a script, I'm all about Pico/Nano.

For heavy-duty work I whip out XEmacs (M-X all-hail-xemacs) [1].

As much as I've been told otherwise by others, I still think Vi is evil
[2]. In my opinion, it's only redeeming feature is its ubiquity. I either
want very simple and intuitive, or heavy duty (and still somewhat
intuitive). Besides, I don't think Sun Workshop (or whatever they're
calling it now) integrates with Vi and its derivitives like it does with
Emacs and its deriviatives. But I could be wrong about that and often am.

However, I would *never* tell someone that their chioce of editor is
inferior; if it gets the job done, I don't care if they use MS Word to
write their shell scripts...

[1]: It's a command. Try it. (Well, check M-x all-hail-emacs first, and
you'll need sound)
[2]: As proof, you'll note evil
                            ^^

"Rub the bee. Rub the bee.