[geeks] um, hi. I'm new.

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jun 27 09:59:53 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 10:26:19AM -0400, Michael A. Turner wrote:

> 	First off I want to point something out. Weblogs are not
                                                 ^^^^^^^
I think it is important for the good of society to put a space in
there.  Web logs.  I think it was the removal of the space that led to
the awefull abreviation blog.  But you may think otherwise.

>  new. Not
> one teeny tiny bit, matter of fact they were the first use of the static
> internet (E-mail being considered dynamic in this context). That was what a
> plan file and the MOTD file were for. .plan was used, and still is by some
> fairly famous people, to get their daily ideas out. Blogging is not only not
> new it is not even fresh still. That was the whole point of BBS
> really.

Ack.  You said blogging.  I bet that Carmack doesn't refer to his
activities as blogging.

> 	Then WTF do I know? I think I just blogged "back in my day we called
> it a rant sunny" and I am embarrassed by it. I wonder if they make a blog
> version of depends to stop this kind of stuff. A final note, blog get's
> spell checked as bog and I have a funny feeling that may closer to the truth
> that most people would want to admit.

No!!!!!! He used the B word again.

I think it is time for a new society.  People Against The unethical
usage of Blog (PETUUOB).  Perhaps a better name would be needed.

--
Joshua D. Boyd