[geeks] VW Car question

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jun 26 21:13:14 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 09:56:34PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > I've been poking on ebay, but haven't seen anything that quite looks
> > right.  Can anyone recommend any other parts web sites?  I haven't
> > tried going to the local dealership yet.  I'm afraid they might be to
> > expensive.  I'd like to stay under $500 for a pair.
> >

> Every piece I ever needed for a VW came out of a junkyard.  Perhaps you got a
> bum set of seats?  Anyway, I hear the Recaro seats are comfy...
>
> In all seriousness, check the ads in rags like Sport Compact Tuner.  Some of
> the aftermarket stuff available in those is pretty darn good.

So far all the after market stuff I've found (Recaro, Momo, a few
others) don't come in brown.  They all seem to come in black, a few
sedate shades of blue, or the wildest colors you can imagine.  And
they are way more than I really wanted to pay.  What would be perfect
would be to find someone who bought those types of seats and then get
his original ones (assuming they were trashed first) to place in my
car.

Next time I'll look at the tuner mags to see what is available in the
way of aftermarket original equipment.

--
Joshua D. Boyd