[geeks] The One True Rant (was: um, hi. I'm new.)

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jun 26 20:05:00 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 08:42:23PM -0400, dave at cca.org wrote:

> Everything worthwhile I do takes place outside of work hours. If
> work hours were a real job, I'd be too stressed/drained to do
> anything else afterwards.

I don't know if what I do would be called a real job.  After all, they
are "mad crazy flexible" and over half the year I'm only part time,
and the original understanding (which may or may not change) was that
it was only a temp job.

But darn it, I am always drained afterward a day of work, and
previously at Pfizer, and before that at $insuranceco.  I'd consider
not working in computers, but I don't deal well with boredom either.

--
Joshua D. Boyd