[geeks] The One True Rant (was: um, hi. I'm new.)

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Wed Jun 26 19:42:23 CDT 2002

dpassmor at sneakers.org writes:

>I've begun to view the entire tech industry as downright silly, and I'm
>looking to exit it as soon as possible.

>I was in a corporate boardroom the other day listening to some guys drone on
>in front of a whiteboard about their architecture and throwing around
>various acronyms and such. I burst out laughing because it seemed like they
>were doing some kind of elaborate IT mating dance with each other.

>I'm still interested in computing, but it's become totally unfulfilling for
>me as a career. I'll have to find some other way to make gobs of money.

I don't have a real computer job because: I'm lazy and don't care
much about money.

Everything worthwhile I do takes place outside of work hours. If
work hours were a real job, I'd be too stressed/drained to do
anything else afterwards.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----- Being poked in the eye with a sharp stick makes baby jesus cry! -----