[geeks] The One True Rant (was: um, hi. I'm new.)

Jennifer Sharp jensharp at psychoses.org
Wed Jun 26 17:24:21 CDT 2002

>> As the only non-geek (ok so that is not entirely true) on the list, I
just
>> have to say: YAY! Stop taking this so seriously.
>
>  The question begs asking: If this were what YOU have devoted your
>entire life to, wouldn't you take it seriously?

Actually, Dave, you are right. I have devoted my life to my family and I do
take it seriously and I would kill to defend/protect them. However, I do not
disagree with other people's lifestyle choices. To each his/her own. If
someone thinks it's cool to have an 'open' relationship that is up to them.
It doesn't work for me and I will not participate in such a venture. Just
like if someone decides to use Windoze, I don't really give a crap because I
am running some "BETTEROS(TM)" on my machine. You get my drift?  It seems
kind of silly to me to rant at someone because they make different choices
from you. Rant that you don't like the product but not because _they_ like
or dislike it. The sooner you realize that the only person you have control
over is yourself the better off you will be. But that's my little
non-geekified rant. Ahem. I didn't mean to offend anyone and I didn't mean
to overstep my bounds but I thought I should explain myself. Thanks.

Jen