[geeks] The One True Rant (was: um, hi. I'm new.)

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 26 17:21:30 CDT 2002

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> This brings up a new thread:  What non-geek, non-computer/electronic hobbies
> do y'all have?

Let's see...  Reading and bike riding mainly for me.  I want to eventually
take a cooking class and maybe a few photography classes or car repair
classes.  I've also been playing badminton a bit lately, where "playing
badminton" means "four people batting the birdie back and forth across the
net and laughing at each other", which is fun.

Speaking of bike riding, can anyone recommend a decent book on repairing
bikes?  The front derailleur (sp?) on mine was damaged and I'd like to
repair it.  I made the bike usable by breaking the thing off.

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca