[geeks] Sleepy.

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Jun 26 15:17:59 CDT 2002

On 2002.06.26 02:36 Steve Haavik wrote:

> I almost failed a math class in college that way. The class was right
> after lunch, the room was warm, and the teacher was REALLY boring.
My first semester at the Uni, CS study. First lecture on one day was
"Pascal and Basic Algorithms" (Q-sort and that sutff). I knew Pascal, I
knew that Algorithms already...
Teaching algorithm of prof was: Prof puted a foil on the overhead
projector, walked back the auditorium while blablabla, walked forwared
while blablabla, new foil, .... several iterations of that. This never
ending blablabla. My hed slowly convergented to the table... Finaly I
slept. Suddenlly the blablabla STOPED! Silence. I woke up in the
fraction of a second. The prof and all my 50+ fellow students looked at
me. We all took it with a smile. (Nevertheless I feelt a bit
unpleasant.) ;-)

That prof was quite a geek. He lived from black coffee and cigarettes.
The Pascal script was not written with a word processor or somthing like
that. He could not find somthing that suited his needs for his
diagramms, so he "programmed" the script printout in plain PostScript...

--

tsch,
         Jochen