[geeks] Sleepy.

Jennifer Sharp jensharp at psychoses.org
Tue Jun 25 13:09:23 CDT 2002

>Well, I wasn't specifically told this here (since I never was
>scheduled for the orientation I was supposed to get, presumably), but
>at many places, sleeping on the job is a firing offense, but sleeping
>in class is usually just embarrasing.  At least that what I felt when
>I was told I was snoring in Bio last Tuesday.  The professor doesn't
>know me, but I don't look like a party kid.  I'm frequently mistaken
>for an Adult Continuing Ed person.

If you wanna hear some scary sh*t about falling asleep on the job, I can
regale you with stories of my ex who, while driving across Houston in 5pm
traffic to a jobsite, would fall completely asleep. I mean out cold. It used
to scare me BAD! However, it gave me a good reason to slap the crap out of
him. Of course he had Sleep Apnea induced Narcolepsy so when he did sleep OH
BOY did he snore!

I also know of another person who, while driving down to Florida, kept
falling asleep at the wheel of his Porche, (*AHEM*) due to the same reason.
I won't name names but he knows who he is.

Jen