[geeks] Sleep Study Tonight

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Wed Jun 26 07:32:02 CDT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Good luck, man.  I had a 2-3 month estimated wait, but lucked out when
> someone else cancelled (so it was like 2 weeks).  The long wait for me was
> from sleep study to being able to pick up my CPAP equipment, which was more
> like 2-3 months.

Well, I'm through it.  If anyone is interested, I took some notes of
impressions.  They wired me up like a Christmas tree =)

I didn't sleep too poorly considering all the wires.  Main problems were
the dryness of the air and the fact that it was a plastic coated mattress
(holds in heat).  They got me up at about 5:30am.  I surprised the hell
out of the only early bird at work by showing up at 6:30 (I usually am
in around 9:00).

Apparently if they decide I've got apnea, the technician said they will have
me in for ANOTHER study but with a CPAP machine.  It makes sense, but I was
thinking "Another one?"

> Let us know what they say - Dave and I have equipment recommendations. 8-)

Will do.  I find out on July 9th.  And I will definitely listen to your
CPAP wisdom =)

--Kurt