[geeks] Sleepy.

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jun 25 18:38:49 CDT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Michael Schiller wrote:

> I've been known to fall asleep for short duration (between 10 - 120
> seconds) sometimes while in mid sentence, and what I've been told that
> upon waking up I continue to end the sentence as if I'd never fallen
> asleep.

I do that, usually after having been up for too long.  My college roommate
used this to his advantage.  While I was asleep, he'd ask other questions.
Apparently, I queued them up and answered them in order upon waking up,
without realizing that he'd asked them while I was asleep.  I had a habit
of pulling all-nighters thusday-friday (since CS projects were typically
due on a Friday) and sleep until Saturday evening.  He'd ask me questions
while I was asleep, and I'd answer them in order as I was waking up.

My brain is a weird sort of device like that.  I do most of my coding in
my sleep, too--I queue it all up and type it in mindlessly while I'm
waking up.  It's almost as if I rarely go fully to sleep.

--Jonathan