[geeks] Sleepy.

Michael Schiller schiller at zaphod.agrijag.com
Tue Jun 25 18:19:02 CDT 2002

Kurt Huhn wrote:

> The one and only time I fell asleep behind the wheel, I  rearended a POS Jeep
> pickup truck and destroyed the minivan I was driving.  I had the flu, took
> *way* too much medication, and embarked on a 1.5hour commute home.

Speaking of sleeping behind the wheel, so far I've never been involved in an
accident due to sleeping behind the wheel, but I do something else that has
freaked out some people, and perhaps somebody here can tell me if this is really
that odd, or if it's an indication of something else.

I've been known to fall asleep for short duration (between 10 - 120 seconds)
sometimes while in mid sentence, and what I've been told that upon waking up I
continue to end the sentence as if I'd never fallen asleep. I've also done this
in mid message (either email, or irc), fall dead asleep while typing a line, wake
up, and complete the line. I get severe headaches, and I've been told that this
seems to happen more often when I'm having a bad headache, than when I don't have
one.

-Mike
--
            +------------------------------+          (/**\)
            | I'm outstanding in my field! |\        ((o  o))___
PGP fingerprint: D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74
Email: schiller at nospam.agrijag.com          http://www.agrijag.com
Voice: 304-334-3951                          FAX: 304-334-3644