[geeks] ahem

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Jun 22 00:23:04 CDT 2002

> Did you ever try Ayam?
> http://www.ayam3d.org/
>
> They take their NURBS seriously.  It is based on MOPS, which I've used
> and liked better than most NURBS modellers.

I tried it very cursorily, got impatient with the interface, and
stopped.  However, I'll probably come back to it.

I'm fucking pissed off at RealSoft3d right now.  The interface is *ass
backwards* - while the render seem top-notch, making something really is
an excersise in patience.  Something simple, like gold ring, will take
me a total of 90 seconds from start to render in Rhino with the RhinoMan
BMRT interface - in RealSoft it took me 90 *minutes*.  Some of that can
be attributed to an unfamiliar interface, but mostly it's just because
you can't manipulate things like you can in Rhino.  RealSoft3d truly has
a bad interface - not just the buttons and clicky things (that's fully
customizeable) but the *manner* with which you create and manipulate
NURBS, surfaces, and solids is friggen wierd and complicated.

Of course that's just my opinion...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com