[geeks] ahem

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jun 21 23:39:57 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 07:07:43PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> I'm also struggling to learn RealSoft3D, so that I can use a decent
> solid modeler on Irix without paying an arm and a leg.  So far I'm
> having trouble adapting to the GUI and the way it wants to display
> things and manipulate objects/points/nurbs/faces/etc.  I'll post a
> decent eval at some point this weekend...

Did you ever try Ayam?
http://www.ayam3d.org/

They take their NURBS seriously.  It is based on MOPS, which I've used
and liked better than most NURBS modellers.

Ayam is free.  And it is officially supported on Irix.  Linux
installation is easy, but certain features are left out unless you use
SGI's GLU (which Mesa officially recommends, but Debian hasn't
upgraded to), which is obviously not a problem under Irix.

--
Joshua D. Boyd