[geeks] Geek-gun?

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Wed Jun 19 10:22:14 CDT 2002

umm, OK, so we have here a plastic cannon, firing vegetables, a well
known college hobby.  Is there really a possible legal problem?  I
realize our country (USA) is paranoid and leaning in the direction of a
police state right now, but jeez, spudguns.  Of course I have heard that
wrist rocket type slingshots are illegal in NY state, so I would believe
it.

<stupid legislator>
"It's made of plastic? Why, you could carry that unnoticed through an
airport metal detector!  Possession of a spud gun should definitely be a
felony"
</stupid legislator>

Of course carrying ammunition for it across some state lines could
already be illegal :-)

Tim