OT: Idiot Accountants (was re: [geeks] combatting smokers)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jun 19 08:11:07 CDT 2002

> Powdered aluminum + powdered iron oxide = thermite.

That sounds familiar, why do I know about thermite?

> An interesting tidbit to note: Aluminum starts oxidizing the moment it is
> exposed to air, one of a couple reasons why it is so hard to solder.

And that's why paintball guns (and parts) are always anodized - to stop
the oxidization.  I've noticed, with dismay, that a lot of aftermarket
motorcycle parts made of billet aluminum are *not* anodized, just
polished.  However, since the aluminum on these parts is "raw" (so to
speak) I could potentially anodize them myself to create a very
interesting motorcycle.  Idle thoughts on two cups of coffee...

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com