[geeks] combatting smokers

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Tue Jun 18 18:24:34 CDT 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, alex j avriette wrote:

> >> nope. i dont have to put up with it, and i'm not going to.
> >
> > Legally, you have little recourse. Moving would be easier in the long
> > run.
>
> moving is easier than asking the management to put a filter in the
> ventilation system?

Yes. Likely they wouldn't do it--chances are you've already got a filter
in your kitchen vent system. They won't spring for the cash to buy you a
purifying system for your vents..it's too easy to replace you as a tenant
instead.

> easier than buying a hepa air cleaner?

Certainly not easier, but in the long run, probably cheaper and more
effective. Hepa filters only do so much good, and they're large and bulky.
You'd have to stick it very close to the vent system outtake (which is
probably above your stove) thus, not practical.

> i have two crimsons, a small flock of sparcs, various pc's, and furniture.
> moving is not easy under any circumstances.

Cry me a river, Alex.  I guarantee you I've got more hardware that gets
moved around on a daily basis in my den than you have crammed into your
entire apt.

You asked for suggestions..if you don't like them or aren't willing to
listen to 'em, don't ask to begin with.

--a