[geeks] combatting smokers

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Tue Jun 18 12:26:51 CDT 2002

Even if the ventilation systems share a common output, a little positive
pressure should fix the problem, either turn on the fan, or attach a fan
blowing into the vent, and you should not get smoke back in.  It
shouldn't take much of a fan either, just create a positive pressure in
your leg of the system, and the air will go somewhere else.

I also have physical symptoms from second hand smoke, in spite of the
fact that I actually like the smell, but I have always felt that smokers
are really getting screwed right now.  Why should the guy who needs
coffee to function get it company supplied indoors, while the guy who
needs a smoke to function has to go stand in the snow on the loading
dock?  I am all for a smoke free workplace, but geez, a properly
ventilated smokers breakroom can't be that expensive.

My personal solution to all annoying neighbor problems was to get away
from them, out in the boonies, house well back from the road, (invisible
actually) driveway that suggests the use of 4 wheel drive.  My wife grew
up a city girl, and she moved to the country with trepidation, but 6
months out here and she was probably more anti-city than I am.

People suck.  Almost all individuals are fine, but people as a group
suck.

Tim