[geeks] Is it too much to be pissed...

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Tue Jun 18 10:12:19 CDT 2002

> The modern Phalanx is a (I think) multi-barrel gun designed to protect
> ships. It send thousands of rounds per second into the air and is designed
> to prevent penetration of airspace by enemy aircraft. It is nicknamed the
> "wall of lead" by the servicemen who live behind it.

And a small web search will get you some great "action" shots of it
following a target, and firing...

I think it was a Phalanx I was standing in the magazine for on HMS
Starling in Hong Kong several years ago, but I wasn't into cool toys
so much back then.

Raytheon made 'em. I think I have found the next place I want to work.

S.

--
Steven Hill
Systems Administrator