[geeks] Is it too much to be pissed...

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 18 10:05:31 CDT 2002

~ -----Original Message-----
~ From: Steven Hill [mailto:sjh at matrix.net]
~ Well there is the modern phalanx weapons system, which rocks. I'd very
~ much like to play with some sometime... Then of course there is the
~ phalanx of old, notablt the Romans, who would have bunches of men
~ running around on battlefields in phalanxes... Shields together,
~ spears sticking out, generally impenetrable by other infantry.
~
~ www.mangonel.com coul;d do some damage to them though.
~

The modern Phalanx is a (I think) multi-barrel gun designed to protect
ships. It send thousands of rounds per second into the air and is designed
to prevent penetration of airspace by enemy aircraft. It is nicknamed the
"wall of lead" by the servicemen who live behind it.