[geeks] combatting smokers

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Jun 18 05:29:27 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 11:54:05PM -0400, alex j avriette wrote:

> a smoker has apparently moved in next door to us (i live in a huge
> apartment building), replacing our very nice and non smoking neighbor. i
> guess this also explains the thumping music at 12am and 7am recently as
> well. when they smoke, it makes my kitchen reek of cigarette smoke. the
> building has ventilation to keep the kitchens ventilated (we have gas
> stoves).

We have things called "windows" in this country to ventilate kitchens :-)

I'd say there's something wrong with the ventilation if it's sucking air
from his kitchen and pumping it in to yours, so yes, you should be able to
get the management company to fix it.

> this is really causing me much stress. :(

You need to start cooking really smelly food, and then when your new
neighbour complains, offer to trade, you stop cooking it, he smokes outdoors.

--
David Cantrell | Member of the Brute Squad | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  emacs: for a brave GNU Word
             -- cdevers, in #london.pm