[geeks] Quiet... too quiet

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Tue Jun 18 00:58:03 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Well, you could check out http://www.thule.no/haynie/
>
> Lotos of nifty docs on Amigas.  I never knew before that the A3ks and
> A4ks had AT&T 3210 chips in them.  That is way cool.  I'm beginning to
> feel the need to get a set of docs for those chips and make my own
> assembler for NetBSD for them.  Maybe then I could build a super
> computer out of a Quadra 950 and a stack of photoshop acclerator cards
> (these cards almost always use AT&T 3210 chips).

Yeezz... This is *great* stuff.
I've had (in no particular order) somewhere around five different Amiga
500's, two or three Amiga 2000, an Amiga 3000, an Amiga 600 and last, an
Amiga 1200. From all the different machines, I liked my second Amiga 500
cause of the good times at that time. Hanging out at small "meetings" at
different friends where we gather up 7-8 people, each with their own
machines, and just hack, hack, hack all night. Man, I even did assembler
by that time.
The best one was the Amiga 3000. An absolute favourite. PERFECT sized
box, wonderful expansion, soft-selectable kickstart, onboard SCSI,
Zorro-III slots, mighty chipset, onboard flickerfixer. Man, I just loved
that machine. Mine was a 16MHz-one, therefore the lack of kickstart in
ROM, but I overclocked it and filled it with ZIP-memory all the way up.

The favourite among the new ones was the A1200. I was probably the first
one around my neighbourhood to fit a 3.5" HD in that baby, without
tearing out plastic and/or metal plate. It just worked.
Wonderful machine, and even more wonderful with an FPU + Fast Mem
expansion board.

Man, I'm getting sentimental... *sniff*

--
Vnliga hlsningar/Best Regards