[geeks] First color laptop?

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 17 12:15:14 CDT 2002

Now wait....
My Bogometer is pegged. This smells like the potato powered web server.

With 32K, there is no room for caching, yet graphics load quickly (they
claim graphics are on tape based near-line storage). An audiotape storage
system is way slow (used 'em, trust me) and not random access in any way,
not even indexed. I suppose it could be cached externaly, but its
suspicious.

As for the "code", it doesn't fly either. Its been years since I played with
these little boxes, but that code doesn't seem near complete and I don't
remember a "sniff" function in that basic.

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751