[geeks] Is it too much to be pissed...

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 17 11:44:00 CDT 2002

~ > Here we have:
~ >
~ > $greek_gods
~ > $mountains
~ > $other_stuff
~ >
~ > At an old job, we named the NT boxes after the seven deadly sins..

Shouldn't the NT's be the four horsemen of the apocolypse?? :)

We have (grouped by function) the aquarium (marinelife names), the garage
(fast-car names), the pond (amphibians), the forrest (tree names), the
jungle (wild cat species) and individual workstations. We have *lots* of
machines :) Everyone has at least two workstations so it gets interesting.
The Mac users seem to use god-names, but that might be a Macuser attitude
thing :)

We are moving to functional names. Much easier to remember, much more
boring. There is a push to maintain the old grouping names as CNAMEs.