[geeks] Is it too much to be pissed...

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Mon Jun 17 08:29:01 CDT 2002

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Kris Kirby wrote:

> Lots of folks do that. $COMPANY ran a background check on me to see if I
> had a criminal record. Completely ignored the fact that I have a security
> clearance. CRIMINALS DONT GET SECURITY CLEARANCES.

Actually, it depends on what the crime was, when it was committed, and the
context.  A felony is very close to an automatic failure, some
misdemeanors can be explained away.  Background checks upset me, but
employee drug screening upsets me more on basic principles.

Oh, and which country it was committed in.

-James ["Badges?   We ain't got no badges.  We don't need no badges.
         I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"]