[geeks] adventures in air conditioning

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Jun 16 18:47:53 CDT 2002

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 06:42:53PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Maybe, but if you look at a large automotive parts store, you'll find the
> kind that you can refill yourself with a small compressor.  Or, is that
> what you're talking about?  Some places sell tanks of a ceratin amount of
> pressure and a nonstandard connector on the end so that you have to return
> it to have it filled (like propane tanks).  Any decent hardware store or
> automotive store should have the kind with a standard nipple on it.

The one I rented can be filled at an air compressor like you use to fill
car tires... but it looks like I can get a combo compressor/tank at
harbor freight for $60, or just the tank for $19.95 (plus then the handle/
nozzle thing, etc).

> Pneumatic tools open the doors to a whole new realm of potentially
> dangerous fun (nailguns!  Wooo!), but once you've gotten used to doing
> work with an air-hammer, you'll never go back to hand or electric tools.
> Then again, maybe you will--not everyone has easy access to a big-ass air
> compressor.

Tempted to get a good air compressor/tank setup so we can easily repaint the
house (insides).  Had one of those Wagner power-painter things, but they
made our hands hurt, were heavy, and LOUD...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net