[geeks] animaniacs question

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Jun 16 15:37:51 CDT 2002

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 08:15:26PM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> Well, that's the result of a not-so-long analysis of it. You get more
> channels with DSS, more PPV, and everyone gets the *same* *service* (0).

With my setup here, I get the same channels as DSS, without the dish on
my roof, and *local* customer service.  I pay about the same price, too.

> The only possible advantages cable has is interactive services, customized
> `start' pages, cable internet and telephone, and `one-stop' billing.

They dont offer telephone here, and I got rid of my cablemodem last week
in favor of DSL from Southwestern Bell (SBC).  Was tired of fuckups from
the cable company (instead of hiring ISP types to run the cablemodem end
of things, they tried to do it with cable people, so they're just now starting
to get things right...)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford