[geeks] animaniacs question

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sun Jun 16 15:15:26 CDT 2002

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
> You hate ALL cable just due to your ex-employer?

Well, that's the result of a not-so-long analysis of it. You get more
channels with DSS, more PPV, and everyone gets the *same* *service* (0).
The only possible advantages cable has is interactive services, customized
`start' pages, cable internet and telephone, and `one-stop' billing.

Cable costs more for what you get. They are also middle-men, and
typically, we despite middle-men. They drive the price up (just like --
middle managers!).

I've yet to see anything that says I can order 4 telephone lines from
$CLEC_as_a_cable_co and get them cheaper than I could from HellSouth. I
mean, I don't care if the lines are TDM 64K apiece over the cable modem --
if it isn't cheaper, it's no savings to me and no reason to switch.

As for the internet side of things, I'm more than half-tempted to start
*another* wireless ISP and catch Bell with thier pants down. If I don't
get covered up doing conslutting or something.

Also bear in mind that even after loosing my job, I move back home right
back into $COMPANY territory. At some point (when I get out of this
freaking money hole(1)!) I will probably move to The City (Huntsville -- I
live five miles south, in a little hole in the country).

You know, I hate this fscking town, but it's home.

(0): Depending on $$$ commitment.
(1): Debt. It sucks.