Pete's irrational fear of SGI was:[geeks] Religion vs. Politics

kamakazi kamakazi at pellucidar.net
Thu Jun 13 09:08:13 CDT 2002

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:45:29 -0700 (PDT)
"Peter L. Wargo" <pwargo at basenji.com> wrote:

> Oh, I don't know... We'd then have nothign to argue about, unless you
> liked SGI. :-)

ummm, look at the mailer string :-)
but in my favor I do have the Mac IIfx with the RP88 card.

And as my computer room heats up this summer I am not so sure I like the
Indigo2.  It told me this morning that it died of a cache parity error
around 4AM, which is a little disturbing in a primary desktop I tend to
leave stuff in process open on. Can't say for sure it is heat related,
but it did follow one of the hottest days since I acquired the machine.

Tim