[geeks] Religion vs. Politics was: Glad I don't live in Texas!

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Thu Jun 13 05:26:15 CDT 2002

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Mike Hebel wrote:
> And many more.  For most people I can explain that I don't share their
> beliefs and they'll leave me alone on the subject.  Then there's the
> group of people who came to my house when I was not home saying "So?
> You don't believe?" to my mother because _my_ car has a Darwin fish on
> the back of it.  I think those people need to follow their own "Golden
> Rule" so to speak.

If I wasn't so far into `sleepers', I'd have a Satan-fish on my car. But
sadly, some people are so confused about their own religion that they will
forget it long enough to damage my car. Besides -- it's easier to blend in
and get lost if your car isn't distinctive (hello ricey-boys! You can't
run from the cops in a bright yellow car!).