[geeks] Glad I don't live in Texas!

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Jun 12 10:33:09 CDT 2002

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, David Cantrell wrote:

> > > In some cases, religion and politics are the same thing.
>
> Nah, in ALL cases they're the same.  They are methods of imposing one's
> will on others.

Strangely enough, that concept does not exist with in my beliefs in a
positive light.

> And of course religion has NOTHING AT ALL to do with people arguing about
> who should tell other people what to do.  Definitely not.  No.

If some subset of set X exhibits certain qualities, that does not mean
that those qualities are inherent in X, only in the subset.  Attempting to
broadly paint any widely-diverse set of theologies and philosophies with a
single brush is but intellectual folly.

--Jonathan