[geeks] scsi notebook drives

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Sat Jun 8 01:57:08 CDT 2002

On Friday, June 7, 2002, at 10:22 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> But, its fine if others think differently.

You had to be there.  I remember when it was released, we were all
popping big, chubby ones.  Especially the science types, as a 40MHz
68040 with FPU was amazingly fast in 1990 terms.  Most UNIX workstation
were still 68030 as well (and lower speed!), the SPARCstation was just
really starting to take off, this was damn near the speed of a SPARC 1
(10 MIPS .vs. 12.5), and ran Mac apps, of which there were a bunch.

It was, in fact, Apple's first attempt at a real workstation.  With the
right software, it still flies.

-Pete