[geeks] Info for Cheap/Acceptable PC upgrades

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Jun 7 05:00:34 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 02:02:33PM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> Maybe he's talking about Windows ME... Win2K is an NT system which by
> default is better than a DOS based system for stability and security.

Both NT and DOS can be brought down by badly written applications.  So
neither of them wins out there.  NT, however, can randomly bring itself
down, something which I have never seen DOS do.  Therefore, DOS is more
stable.

--
David Cantrell    |    Degenerate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

      Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
      but that's no reason not to give it            -- Agatha Christie