[geeks] New muffler

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Fri Jun 7 02:50:17 CDT 2002

Man, Last weekend I bought myself a nice blue metallic Opel Calibra 16v.
It was in nearly perfect shape, but the front muffler was leaking. The
owner told me that he could get me a new one for free, so that wouldn't
be a problem.
Man... It was annoying driving almost 780 Miles with a somewhat faulty
exhaust. :-)

Abouth 150 Miles from home, the pipe broke completely off after the
catalyst, making the car roar like i-dont-know-what.

Drove about 1 Mile to the nearest gasstation where they had a carlift
and I saw it was completely off by now. It was in an excellent shape
underneath, no rust whatsoever, except for that front muffler. Bah. Got
some mufflerpaste and some steelwire to put the pieces together in a
quick-and-dirty kind of way, enough to get us home without making people
(and ourself) deaf.
That did hold until we got home, with no room to spare.

Yesterday I got the brand-new frontmuffler and pipe ready and drove down
to the gasstation and lifted it. After exhamination, it was probably
near it's death at other places too, rust allover.
Now, after 1.5 hours of work, it's completely silent. :-)

Thank god for do-it-yourself workshops at the gasstations.

--
Vnliga hlsningar/Best Regards
Bjrn Ramqvist, Hgglunds Vehicle AB