Sore Feet (was Re: Height/Weight: Re: [geeks] quiet

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Fri Jun 7 01:18:10 CDT 2002

On Thursday, June 6, 2002, at 07:03 , Amy wrote:

> You might kill me for this. :) Try control-top hose. As in pantyhose.
> They
> do come in knee-high lengths (and in larger sizes of course). They work
> well on rainy days and keep things in alignment.

I'll keep it in mind.  Joe Namath I am not. :-)

> Ahh, so you now have 'weather ankles' as I do...Over the years I think
> I've broken both my ankles 4 or 5 times. My Dad was and is the type to
> never let me see a doctor for them--his ultimate solution for any
> ailment
> is to take a hot bath. So I took hot baths and hobbled. Around here,
> when the
> barometer drops, I feel it in my bones due to arthritis. And might I
> say,
> it does suck, but at least I know when to put the top up on my car...

It's interesting - most of the aches are from the right foot.  The left
ankle has a combination of missing flesh and cobbed-up tendon, and the
same tendon got crinched on the right as well.  I'm using a
ketoprophin (?) NSAID cream that works quite well, and doesn't irritate
the stomach like taking NSAID's orally does.  The cream also works well
on my munged-up shoulder.

-Pete