Sore Feet (was Re: Height/Weight: Re: [geeks] quiet

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Thu Jun 6 21:03:09 CDT 2002

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> Damn this thread went nuts.  In any vent, it won't help - the compression
> socks won't work over my large calves.

You might kill me for this. :) Try control-top hose. As in pantyhose. They
do come in knee-high lengths (and in larger sizes of course). They work
well on rainy days and keep things in alignment.

> In addition, the problem is mostly ankles/feet - the one that got chewed
> up, and the one that got broken up. (The latter now has some nifty
> arthritis - I use a steel plate in my shoe to keep the foot from
> flexing.)

Ahh, so you now have 'weather ankles' as I do...Over the years I think
I've broken both my ankles 4 or 5 times. My Dad was and is the type to
never let me see a doctor for them--his ultimate solution for any ailment
is to take a hot bath. So I took hot baths and hobbled. Around here, when the
barometer drops, I feel it in my bones due to arthritis. And might I say,
it does suck, but at least I know when to put the top up on my car...

--a