[geeks] Dynamic files / filesystems?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jun 6 09:18:16 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 03:00:47PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 09:48:42AM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > A 100gb IDE drive?  Yuck.  23gig SCSI drives are dirt cheap.  4 will
> > cost less than 1 100gig IDE drive.
>
> Where from?  Also consider that you now have three more points of failure,
> and a lot more heat, as well as the lack of drive bays (and power) you
> mention.

I've seen several 4 packs go for prices ranging from $57 to $78 from a
Harrisburg company (who disallow local pickup which is a pain for
me). I want to buy a pack, but I need to at least wait till my next
paycheck. I plan to throw 2 into my 511, and then perhaps 1 each into
some compaq DLT cases, either that or the other 2 into another 2 bay
case.  We shall see. Unfortunately, all my cases are narrow, and these
are wide drives.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2029076001 is one
such auction.

--