[geeks] scsi notebook drives

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Tue Jun 4 21:15:51 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, June 4, 2002, at 06:01 , Tim H. wrote:

> Does anybody (Pete Wargo) have any cheap (unemployed cheap) small scsi
> notebook drives such as would fit in older powerbooks?  I have a PB170
> and a Duo 280C, both suffering from expired drives, and I'd like to
> find a couple, preferrably 100M+ to bring these to life.  In exchange I
> do have an extra Duo Dock (just the dock) if anybody would have a use
> for it.

I shall look in the Closet Of Mystery(tm) - I think all I have are
PB100's with drive in 'em, but you never know.  (I used to have a 1.2G
2.5" SCSI, I wonder where that went to...

> And Pete, you being an Apple lover, If I were to get
> manufacturers/model#s of the cards in my IIfx with the 13W3 video I
> can't sync to anything, could you tell me what I have?

Sure.  Might take me a while to page the info back into primary memory,
it got swapped out years ago... :-)

> My biggest Mac is an PM8500/120, Which is on my desk primarily to
> represent Apple, but also because I like iCab, and use it as an HTML
> validator, but since I seem to have some spare time without any spare
> money I am attempting to go through the backlog of "someday" machines
> and bring as many as possible to life.

8500's are fun, you can make 'em G3's for under $100 these days.

-Pete