[geeks] Re: Career advice

Scott McCool scottm at students.missouri.edu
Tue Jun 4 15:04:55 CDT 2002

Sigh, that's the problem isn't it? (:

To complicate things, I just got the verbal offer for Job #3 -- and it
pays better then I expected.  A small absolute $$ raise from what I make
now, with much lower cost of living (but it's 1099, so higher taxes and
insurance out of my own pocket)....

I'm waiting to hear back from one of their developers to see how much
Linux is involved (will they object to me using a linux box for network
monitoring & 'it shop' like duties?  Will they want/allow me to work on
porting their app to other app servers on other platforms?)

Has anyone screwed an employer like I'm considering? (Starting on Monday,
considering calling them tommorow and apologizing them but telling them I
can't start)